Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Everyday Beauty.


This week I want to share some thoughts with you about capturing life: the life of yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

I'm trying to dig a bit deeper to capture my moments that linger on the fringe of my memories. I feel like I may have lost connection with pieces of my heart that are willing to stand up and have their story told.

Beautiful because…

Because I {enjoy} life the way I [enjoy] a good piece of cheesecake.

Because I’m a member of the “Happy People Club.” Walk with me. Happy is my nature.

Because I think. I think about life, the world, the arts, connections…I’m always thinking and assembling life’s puzzle pieces.

Because I thrive on learning. I love learning how the universe works, how humans evolved to this current state, how history brought us to where we are now. I love learning what science can tell us about nature, why we think some things are beautiful and some are not, why we cringe at others’ pain and cry at others’ sorrows. Why we connect with music.

Because I think questions are good.

Because no matter what anyone else wants me to be, or what society claims is the “right” or “trendy” way, I like myself. I don’t change to meet anyone else’s standards.

Because I am confident.
Because I have integrity.
Because I work hard.
Because I love life.

This is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment