Thursday, September 18, 2008

Autumn |ˈôtəm|


autumn |ˈôtəm|
noun
the third season of the year, when crops and fruits are gathered and leaves fall, in the northern hemisphere from September to November and in the southern hemisphere from March to May : the countryside is ablaze with color in autumn | [as adj. ] autumn leaves | figurative he was in the autumn of his life.

Fall.  Love it.  The smells - I have a candle called "autumn spice" that just smells cozy and wonderful.  The change in the colors of the leaves (doesn't happen so much here, i kind of have to live vicariously through my friends as they post pictures).  The crisp air (when it does come sometime in October).  I got the new PB fall catalog today.  I have yet to look through it but the fall catalog is always my favorite.

[The picture is from my front lawn when I lived in Lawrence. It was beautiful and I miss it!]

No comments:

Post a Comment