Monday, October 13, 2014

Google [It].

What I've learned about dating and social media...

For heaven’s sake, the first rule is to never Google, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vine without him being 'in the know' and aware.

I have said it before and I will say it again: Googling is like reading your roommate’s dairy; It may be tempting to open the thing up and examine it because it’s sitting RIGHT THERE, and it may even be kind of exciting to read at first, but rest assured that very soon you will find out something about him that you wish you’d never known, and that will linger darkly in your mind forever.

Protecting yourself from that kind of temptation requires a fierce, self- loving discipline. It is not in any way “courageous” or an exercise in “facing the truth”---it is just self-destructive — just an excuse to feed yourself a bunch of empty calories of pure evil. You have absolutely nothing to learn.  

It is indeed difficult. If you’ve got this figured out, do let me know. As for me, I do my best to stay positive and ask myself if there’s anything I can learn from the experience. But such a thing is easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment