Monday, June 21, 2010

2" Forward

Have your friendships ever turned out to be 'pretendships?' Sometimes it's harder to make amends with an offended friend than to capture a fortified city. Arguments separate friends like a gate locked with iron bars. Any story sounds true from a friend until someone sets the record straight. I have no problem letting my feelings be known, in my time.

Although I've become a much better friend, I realized that is not the key to friendship. I've always tried to be aware of what I do and what others to do to me. My entire life, I have gone in and out of being available. I think many of my friends thought I was being flaky. Everyone in life has friends, but nobody truly can teach you how to be a good friend. I just learned through experiences. I had "friends" who did things to me that was not very friend-like. I vowed not to treat my friends like that. I am there when my friends need me and I listen.

I want to love my friends through the hard times + not judge them. I want to be a selfless +  humble friend, one that is willing to accept the fact that friends are, indeed, flawed. And I want to confront my friends when they are doing harmful things to themselves; not stand idly by after just “mentioning” it and leave them to their own devices.

It starts with my own two feet!  My best friends are truly my sisters.  They got my back, through thick and thin!  And my bro too! Love and miss ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment