Saturday, March 23, 2013

[Navigation] & Contemplation.

Navigating a new home...If you have chatted with me in the last 2 months then you probably heard me talking about my action item for this month which is to make a decision about a new home.  

Navigating meeting...Work stuff. Life stuff. Tax time. Listening. Receiving advice. Making decisions. The business stuff of business. There are days I feel very alone in these decisions. Sitting with the fear of the unknown, sitting with the fear of making the wrong decisions, educating myself, practicing bravery. Out of my element but wanting to be a “grown-up” and make the best possible decisions for myself.

Navigating soul-searching...Finding a home for myself between independence and need. Between “I can do it all myself” and “I really want to be sharing this journey.” Between control and letting go. It will likely be one of my greatest struggles throughout the course of my life.

Navigating the everyday...This week I had the best dinner experience with friends. It wasn’t one thing in particular but the entire experience in general. There was back and forth conversation that everyone was really, really listening to and involved.   There was minimal complaining about the food that was served. It was all these things in conjunction with one another that seemed so awesome.  Whatever it was, I noticed it and my heart was happy.

Navigating towards open...All of this navigation results in a lot of contemplation. Sometimes I feel frozen and literally have to will myself to take the next step (or be pushed over the edge). Other times it all feels fluid and smooth and easy.

Life is a constant series of navigations. Figuring out what makes sense, directing, recovering from mistakes, celebrating success, opening vs. closing, riding the waves, surviving the lows, listening, learning, choosing, taking action.


No comments:

Post a Comment