Saturday, March 23, 2013

[She] Realized Her Courage.


I've been thinking so much about healing. About how we all need it. About how we must heal ourselves before we can fully nurture others, before we can fully offer up our vision to the world, before we can fully lean into the joy.  

I think I used to think that healing was for those who were in serious trouble or for those who were in incredible despair, depression, or worse. It didn't occur to me that healing was something we all need, and often. I also thought that healing was something that happened to you vs something we create for ourselves.

I'm learning how untrue both those beliefs were and how healing, in some ways, is a life long process + practice of unlearning much of what we've been taught and told along the way. Unlearning as in pealing back the layers of fear and armor and all the stuff that gets in the way of our truest voice. Unlearning as in going all the way back to the moment of trauma and healing that younger version of ourselves with compassionate guidance. Unlearning as in unraveling all the untrue stories we tell about ourselves while we begin to tell new, more accurate stories (I AM enough. I AM loved. I AM worthy.).

As I continue my everyday healing practice/awareness, I am amazed at how my older life, my social work life - the younger version of myself that was lit up by self discovery - is re-emerging back into the fold as new kind of soul work life. That's what it feels like. Good, solid, healing soul work.
Wishing the same sweet healing for you, too.

Yes to Growing. Yes to healing.



No comments:

Post a Comment