Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Penny For Your Thoughts or a Bang For The Buck?




I ask what are you thinking
A penny for your thoughts
You gently smile and shake your head
And say you hadn't ought

As for what I am thinking
I don't dare tell you mine
There's so much that I cannot say
Perhaps I may, in time

Some thoughts are better hidden
It's best they're not expressed
Far better to remain discreet
Than friendship's bounds to test

And so it's just a catchphrase
This penny for your thoughts
That makes us smile at those times when
For words we're at a loss

I say I smell wood burning
Somehow it clears the air
We change the subject, share a laugh
And then go on from there

But if one day it happens
(Restraints are known to burst)
I have no doubts that both of us
Will get our money's worth

No comments:

Post a Comment