Monday, February 19, 2007

Heavy {heart}.


My heart feels heavy today. My stomach is in knots, holding too much anxiety and fears that are continuously cycling through my head. Though I have been trying to let go of the stress, to rest this body that carries too many obligations and expectations and burdens...though each day I vow to myself to let go a little more, I still find myself physically and emotionally exhausted today.

I want to stop the worries that are running full strength through my head. I want to slow down and feel the tense muscles ease into a state of relaxation. I am tired of being haunted by my past, tired of too much time spent analyzing every small action, every thought, allowing every fear to multiply rather than disintegrate. I am worn down from the worries, the stress, that inner voice of criticism that has recently decided to speak up with words of "not enough". I am tired and aching and frustrated.

And there is an ever-present feeling of guilt that accompanies such emotions. Knowing that so many have worries and stresses far beyond the blessings of my own life. Knowing that I should be grateful, and I am grateful, and yet awareness of these blessings is not always enough.

Even this day, these emotions, these fears and anxieties...I am thankful for even these moments. It is all a part of the journey, the infinite path of "becoming". I know that these feelings are necessary for more personal growth to occur. I know that it is only through my own awareness and struggles...through my own pilgrimage.

And yet this knowledge does not negate the feelings themselves. Awareness does not lessen the heavy heart. It only makes it easier to bear in the moment.

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

No comments:

Post a Comment