Friday, January 03, 2014

[Always] Enough.

I'm a lot like you. I look in the mirror and see flaws, things that need fixing, pieces of my life that are missing, feelings and thoughts that have been there so long they seem like they've turned into scars.

Rarely do I look in the mirror and say, wow, you've got it all.

But what if we woke up every morning and said exactly that? What if we woke up and started listing the reasons why we're worth so much more love than we've ever imagined? What if instead of the doubts and fears and insecurities, we were full knowing that we're always enough?

No matter the size of your bank account.

No matter the dress size.

No matter if you're single/dating/married/divorced.

No matter the job.

No matter how much you beat yourself down, because you simply don't feel like you're doing enough.


Something magical happens when you step outside of your life, even for just a moment, and you realize just how incredibly blessed and lucky you really are.

Rarely do I actually cry, but something yesterday just broke inside of me. I sang a song that resonated so deeply that sitting with my eyes closed was all I could do to hold myself together. I talked about grace, about knowing that His love for us erases all blemishes. All scars. And that even in our greatest weakness, he's always there to catch us when we fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment