Wednesday, January 01, 2014

One Little [Word] 2014.

A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life.  Having a single word to focus on each year has made a difference in my life.

My word for 2014 is open.

To be honest I’m not really sure what it means for me right now, or what it will end up meaning for me 12-months from now. And I’m okay with that.

Open is an attitude and an approach. It’s a reminder to live wholeheartedly, to enter the ring, to live the length and the width. It’s how I want to tackle this year. 
I love that open is an action & a re-action. I can act with an open heart; I can re-act with an open heart.

I want to be open to it all – the amazing and the challenging. 
Wide open.
I'll live with it. I'll invite it into my life. I'll let it speak to me. I might even follow where it leads. 

There are so many possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment