Thursday, December 07, 2006

Imprints.

Imprints - by Jodi Eyraud
She left for me upon my pillow:
A scent, a strand of hair, worn mascara,
An eyelash, long and thin,
An imprint of a night spent
She left for me upon my skin:
A stroke of her foot, 
A brush of her hair, 
Warmness of her body
The sweetness of her smell
She left for me upon my face:
A trace of lipstick,
Two lips pressed with grace,
A touch of her lashes,
A gentle stare
She left for me upon my heart:
A touch gentle and warm,
Secrets of truth, hers to share,
Hurts and sorrows, left to feel,
Two hands holding, love overflowing
She left for me upon my mind:
Fallen hair across her face, 
Eyes longing, looking at my soul,
A body falling, as if to melt,
Sweet whispers, not to share,
Future visions of her, me

No comments:

Post a Comment