Friday, May 10, 2013

[Fear]less.

"What I emphasize is for people to make choices based not on fear, but on what really gives them a sense of fulfillment." - Pauline Rose Chance

I am sitting here trying to find my way through my thoughts. They're swirling around, spinning, dancing, like little happy spirits. They're overly excited, refusing to settle. They're suffering from happiness exhaustion and let me tell you, it feels pure and sweet like nothing I've known before. I still can't get over it.  Part of me hopes I never will. 

There was a time in my life when I made decisions based on fear all of the time. I would choose

What felt comfortable.
What wouldn't sting. 
What would bring money.
What would bring the less amount of change.
What would be easy. 

But now, as I get older and more comfortable with myself, and I know for sure what I want and what I don't want, I make more and more decisions that aren't centered from fear. It's quite exhilarating and liberating when I know I'm making a decision deeply rooted in hope and faith. It feels like I'm going against the grain, against the masses, and more towards my hopes, my dreams, my self. I hope this stays for awhile, this newfound sense of decision making. Some days are better than others, of course.
But I'm learning. And that's what matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment