Friday, July 05, 2013

[Guiding] Light.

That amazing feeling when you finally realize you no longer need or want the person that walked away from you. Yeah, I’m there! 
But it’s an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bare your soul to and they accept you for who you are.  No matter what the world throws at me, no matter how many disappointments and let-downs I face, I have found my inner core of self-awareness - I am my own best friend - and that means I will be okay.

But what if you have a feeling like you’re obligated to do something...that never feels that good. Life is a lot more fun when you get to do something, not when you got to do something.  I know that people already have so many responsibilities and obligations, as well as demands on them in life.  I just want to be someones source of freedom.  I don't ever, never want them to feel like I'm an obligation.

In my thinking, it’s a horrible thing for a man to go to work and then come home to yet another obligation. I’m sure this is how they sometimes feel, right?
It almost feels like they are telling me that committing, to something would mean that we would be obligated to do something and we would therefore have to surrender our own freedom. Not true.


Everything that happens has different layers and levels to it - things are not always as they appear. If you take a moment to calmly reflect, a higher lesson and opportunity to shift perspective will present itself, and propel you forward on your journey of personal growth.  I’m realizing more and more that the things you work the hardest for take time - and arrive when you are in fact, ready for them. 

Never a moment sooner.
Never.


And I just love this song...

No comments:

Post a Comment