Saturday, October 13, 2012

[20 ] Years Ago.


20 years ago on October 13, 1992 my life, changed forever.   In a matter of seconds my life came to a screeching halt.  I was left in critical condition with far to many injuries to name.  But the main one.  The lasting one.  The life altering one.  Here to stay.  But by the Grace of God, I was strong and courageous.  Somehow.  Someway. 
I vowed to never question why God chose me…
I vowed to never, EVER take my life for granted one more day…
I vowed to live and love and laugh…
I vowed to be the best friend, daughter and sister…
I vowed to walk closer in my relationship with the Lord…
I vowed to never let fear stop me from accomplishing my dreams and aspirations…
I vowed to prove that I am strong…
I vowed that I would overcome…
I vowed that I would be a living testimony to those around me…

People often ask me how I wake up each morning.  The answer is quite simple; I put my feet on the floor, get into my chair each and every morning and face the day!  There certainly are days that are harder than others and I allow myself to grieve and ride the waves of emotions. 

I sit here today by the Grace of God.  My journey has been extremely difficult and trying.  My recovery and rehabilitation have been excruciating.  But, God had plans for me that did not include giving up. 
I live for today with a hope for tomorrow…
I love life and cherish those that I love…
I have an amazing family and equally amazing friends…
I have nieces and a nephew that rock my world…
The reason I am who I am, the reason that I wake up every morning, and the reason I keep living is to live the story I was given.  Fully. Completely.  And, I have a God that loves me and guides me every step of the way.  What more could a girl ask for? 
I am blessed beyond measure…
 Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment